Spring Create & Cope Camp for Teens
Cancelled due to low enrollment
WHEN: SATURDAY MAY 19, 2018
WHERE: Cuyahoga National Valley Park Environmental Education Center
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
Teens who may feel stressed out and stretched thin
Teens who feel like they are disconnected from nature and creativity
Teens who would like to learn new, creative ways to cope with it all
Teens who feel like they could use a break!
TEENS AGES 12-18 WILL LEARN:
- To reconnect to nature and a sense of groundedness through nature awareness and earth-based living skills with educators Sandy and Cal Reed
- To utilize creative writing techniques and self-expression with educator, poet, and creative writing facilitator Nicole Robinson
- Art-based coping skills and stress-reduction techniques with board certified art therapist and licensed professional counselor Jody Pittner
- How to begin using these techniques at home and in school to create more balance and calm.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Teens should eat breakfast before arriving and bring a packed lunch and refillable water bottle.
- Snacks and a chef-prepared dinner will be provided for your teen.
- Teens should come prepared to get messy and should bring weather appropriate attire, sunscreen, and bug protection.
- Parents are invited to attend the campfire at 6:30pm to re-connect and listen to the top take-aways of the day.
Connect to the Truly Connected Counseling and Art Therapy Facebook Page to get sneak peeks and live videos throughout the months of March and April to see what we will be doing at this amazing camp!